Tuesday, May 29, 2012

35 weeks!

35 weeks, wahoo! The pregnancy has been going great. I finished out the school year and gave my notice.  I love my job, however it is not really ideal with 2 kiddos.  Things have been smooth sailing, that is why I have not posted anything, I have been afraid to jinx it.

My mom came over on Saturday and helped me wash up all the baby clothes and get the room ready.  The boys are going to share a room.  It felt weird to dig out all my little guy's old clothes and remember him wearing them.  I can't believe he will be 4 in October!  We even put the car seat in the van.

On Sunday I taught Sunday School at church and started to feel really crampy and was having contractions.  After church, we always go over to my mom's house for lunch and to hang out.  I started telling my mom when I was having a contraction and they were about 5 minutes apart.  We decided it was best to head on over to L&D.  The hooked me up to the monitors to do a stress test, and sure enough I was having one contraction after another.  They gave me a shot of Turbutaline and it made the the big contractions go away.  However, I was still feeling crampy and having small contractions that I could not tell apart.  My urine culture came back positive for a UTI.  The nurse said that is why I was still having contractions. She also did a FFN swab test and it came back negative.  The test is supposed to determine if you are releasing a hormone that means you will go into labor within the next 2 weeks. Luckily mine came back negative.  She gave me antibiotics and said I should notice a difference within 24 hours.

Which leads me to today, 48 hours later.  I am having irregular contractions but still have the crampy, period-like cramps.  I called my regular OB this morning and they are going to see me in the morning.  My c-section is scheduled for June 21st, which is 38 weeks.  I am kinda wondering if I will make it.

I only need to go about another 10 days and I will be at the same point when I had my little man.  He was born at 36 weeks and 3 days.  I am so thankful I have made it this far, and every day farther that I go would be icing on the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment