Saturday, July 9, 2011

the Hubs

Yesterday, the Hubs call me from work and tells me that he left a message with the urologist (specializing in male infertility) to get the varicocele surgery scheduled. (The varicocele surgery is our backup plan if our IUIs fail.)   Then, when he gets home he explains that he started to freak out at work wondering what would happen if all 5 eggs fertilize.  He asked me about 3 times yesterday if I thought "it worked".  Poor Hubs.... he is expressing more anxiety this go-round.  I have my backup plan, and I feel it has allowed me to disconnect somewhat.  I can never tell the pregnancy symptoms vs. pms symptoms, especially with the HCG shot.  I have to let myself not analyze it, even a home pregnancy test is not reliable once you have had the HCG shot.  Only time will tell, I think this TWW is going to be as tough/more tough on the Hubs!

Side note: Had first progesterone shot in hip last night, and it left a bruise!

1 comment:

  1. The TWW is tough on everyone! As for the progesterone injections, try warming the oil (just put the filled syringe under your arm or in your bra for a few minutes) and rub, rub, rub after the injection (think deep-tissue massage). The better you can get the oil to disperse, the less bruising and painful lumps you will have.

    ReplyDelete