Thursday, July 7, 2011

IUI #2

Yesterday I had my follicle check, and I had 5 mature follicles, which is 1 more than the doc wants you to have.  The nurse had to call him to get permission and we had the "risks of multiples" conversation.

I had my first acupuncture done before my IUI today.  It is supposed to help with "activating" all my organs to help conceive.  The main thing is that it helped calm my anxiety. I tend to have very irritable bowels...

The main thing that concerns me is that it seemed like it hurt more this time to insert the catheter.  The IUI was exactly 24 hours after the HCG shot.  The nurse is not the most gentle of people, so maybe that is the reason. I just hope it was timed correctly. The hub's SA numbers were really good this time post wash, his motility was 90 percent.  That is the best it has ever been! It really amazes me how much spinning the sperm helps. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

2 comments: