Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I have been up to....

The Hubs and I have started foster parenting training.  We completed a ton of paperwork, got our fingerprints done.  I am awaiting my second big packet of paperwork.  Hopefully in the next month or two we will be certified and get a kid/many kids.  I am keeping an open mind and I know that this will be difficult, especially if/when the kid/s go home. However, the state we live in does 50 thousand to 100 thousand foster care adoptions a year and I am hopeful that we can be part of those numbers!  It really feels like the right thing to do, it is hard to explain.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Hope you get a placement quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make a great difference in a child's life, even if for just a short time.

    ReplyDelete