Friday, May 13, 2011

5/12/11 dr appt

So yesterday I had my follow-up appointment for my iui, which they refer to as an "hcg check".  The lining of my uterus was 10 mm and they want it to be 8 or above, so that was great.   I had one corpus luteum  cyst on my left ovary and two on my right.  The corpus luteum cysts produce progesterone after you ovulate.  The two on my right side were huge.  The nurse said that based on my cysts she thinks I am making enough progesterone, but they did blood work to be sure. She thinks that I released at least 3 eggs from my right side and 1 on my left. My right ovary was huge, but she went ahead and gave me the second hcg booster shot.  Based on the size of my current right ovary, she said that I am going to be pretty uncomfortable this weekend.  She gave me a sheet that explains what to do about the Ovarian Hyper Stimulation.  I have to eat for egg whites a day, take 4 benadryl , lots of water, gatorade, and "take it easy"  Last night was my son's first soccer game, and I definitely ran around more than I should have since I am the coach.  I take my pregnancy test next friday,  so keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment