Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ultrasound for iui 5/4/11

I had my ultrasound to check the progress of my eggs.  I have about 3 eggs that are maturing and about 6 or so smaller ones.  They gave me more Bravelle injections to take tonight to help the eggs get a little bigger.  My lining  was a little thin also, so they gave me a prescription for estrogen suppositories to start tonight.  DH is supposed to give me my HCG trigger shot tomorrow night (the HCG shot will make me ovulate).  Then on Friday, DH will go to a nearby hospital to release his "baby batter" .  They will do a procedure known as sperm washing, to get all the live sperm. We will take the "baby batter" with us back to my doc and they will do the insemination.  I am excited but mostly nervous.  DH thinks that his swimmers will not be good enough, but they have been good enough for me to get pregnant four times on my own without insemination. He doesn't give himself enough credit.  I think male infertility is a major blow to a man's self esteem.  Infertility has definitely effected him as much as me, but in a different way.

Our five year anniversary is coming up this summer and it makes me get teary eyed just thinking about it (ok, the fertility meds have made me a little emotional also : )  We have been through so much.  We were talking about it today and we hope the next five are a little less eventful.   

1 comment: